Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Altec 292 drivers

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone familar with 292 compression drivers?
    What was their frequency response and power handling capability ? Are they 1.4" throat like the 288's ? thanks,


    Guy

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Murray Keidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello,
    The 292 was the 8ohm version of the 290. It is rated at 100 watts and has a response of 300 - 7000Hz.

    I am not certain why it was made as you could simply use an 8ohm 290.

    Th 292 does have a cast cap on the back as opposed to the aluminium one on the 290. The 290 also has the easy option of fitting a line transformer that was not available on the 292.

    I have both 290's and 292's in service and they perform the same.

    I hope this helps.

    Murray.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member woofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a single 291 (aluminium) but I'm looking for a single 292 (Phenolic ??), hopefully in Melbourne, to cut down on postage costs.
    So if anyone is willing to do some sort of trade for the 291, I'd be very interested in hearing from them.
    I think the 291 is rated at 40 watts and is 800-20KHz, but I'm not sure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.